Choosing the right activities and games
A game or an activity is suitable for your child if he starts to enjoy it. That is a sign that he is using the sensory stimuli. In order to choose the right activities and games you can make use of the division as shown below. It is possible that more than one description fits your child. You can also simply choose an activity or game that appeals to you. It is of major importance that your child will learn to experience the ‘fun’ of being touched and being moved.
- Your child is very active
- Your child is anxious
- Your child is clumsy or DCD was diagnosed
- Your child has an allergy
- Your child is highly sensitive
- Your child was diagnosed with ADHD
- Your child was diagnosed with autism, PDD-NOS or Asperger Syndrome
- Your child has Down Syndrome
- Your child has a motor handicap
- Your child has a mental handicap
- Your infant suffers from sensory processing disorder
- You suffer from sensory processing disorder yourself
- Your older child or teenager suffers from sensory processing disorder.
Els Rengenhart © 2009