Your child is highly sensitive.
Children who are highly sensitive feel extremely much and are often troubled by things that other children pay no attention to at all. They are bothered by certain sounds or dislike being touched or moved.
Your child will become stronger when you play games with him intended on improving sensory processing. He will learn to cope with all kinds of stimuli without being overwhelmed by them.
The following activities and games may be suitable:
- Domestic activities
- Activities with both hands
- Provide enough physical exercise
- Lying on top of different materials
- Swaddling or wrapping up in a blanket
- Towing on a blanket
- Skating on rugs
- Hiding in a playhouse or under a large piece of cloth
- Playing with chestnuts
- Massage with different materials
- Blowing bubbles
Els Rengenhart © 2009